Thursday, August 02, 2007

Another fashionable lawyer


We highlighted the Herald's coverage about fashionable Carolyn Kellman a while back.

Another lawyer is now profiled for his fashion, Brian James (pictured left from the Herald article). From the article:
Residence: Belle Meade in Miami's Upper East Side
Haunts: I usually shop at traditional places like Macy's simply because it's easy when everything is under one roof.
Passion du jour: I am passionate about traveling. I like going all over the world and I always seem to take notice of the cultural differences with regards to fashion.
His look: A little preppy but definitely still unique.
What influences his choices: I've come to realize that my wife was a big influence in my fashion. When I met her I only wore black, and over time she's really turned me into this man that you see, full of color, eclectic, mix-matched and funky. Even when I'm working and have to wear my suits I make sure that my choices of shirt and tie show my individuality.
From his firm site:
Brian T. James concentrates his practice on representing individuals and corporations in controversies with federal, state and local regulatory and law enforcement agencies. As a former judicial intern with the Honorable Judge Donald L. Graham, Southern District of Florida, and a former certified legal intern with the Dade County Public Defender’s Office, Mr. James has experience with both Federal and State courts. Mr. James also served as an Internal Compliance Auditor for a Florida state bank where he advised on the areas of mandatory and voluntary compliance regulations within the banking industry.

While at the University of Miami School of Law, Mr. James served on the managing board of the Business Law Review, as vice-president of the Moot Court Board and as Chief Justice of the Student Bar Association's Supreme Court. He also was awarded "Best Appellate Brief" and "Most Rounded Competitor" in the 1999/2000 Oral Argument Competition.
Mr. James is a member of The Florida Bar, the Dade and Broward County Bar Associations, the Black Lawyers Association, and the Caribbean Bar Association. His community and civic activities include serving as vice president to the board of trustees for the Playground Theatre for Young Audiences, Inc., board member of the Arts and Business Council of Miami, as well as a volunteer in many organizations including the United Way, the Community Partnership for the Homeless and Habitat for Humanity.

No comments: