Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Paris to answer questions from The Chief's witness chair?

The media are giddy over poor Paris' deposition in connection with Goldberg v. Paris Hilton Entertainment, Inc., a case pending before The Chief. Tew Cardenas represents the receiver for a local company that invested in a movie Paris was in but allegedly did not do enough to promote. Judging from some of the excerpts, I don't really know what they expected her to do. I can't even tell from her answers whether the questions that presumably instigated these were asked by her lawyers or the receiver's:
"Any chance I got, any red carpet, any press, if I was doing something for another product ... I would just bring it up, 'Oh, my new sorority film, it's going to be sexy, it's going to be really hot girls'—like I really, you know, did my best."
About her role as an executive producer:
"I'm not sure what a producer does, but—I don't know, help get cool people in the cast."
And the quote that everyone is jumping on, in response to who paid her cell phone bill:
"I don't know. I'm assuming, like, whoever pays my bills. I never ask about that stuff."
paris.jpg.jpegSeems like she's her own worst enemy, doesn't it? I mean, look at her—she's wearing heels on South Beach, and that hipster she's with is too self-involved to let her know that just isn't safe.

Even though this is being reported all over the Internet, only the Associated Press appears to have done original reporting, so these quotes are all we have of her deposition. But SDFla Blog doesn't just pilfer other people's news. We look into these important matters to put our own unique spin on them. (For this, we use D.O.M.'s PACER account.) Here it is:

Apparently, it's going to be a bench trial, if it comes to that. Can you just imagine what this will be like for The Chief? Or for this poor Paris creature? Incidentally, I love that The Chief denies Paris Hilton Entertainment's motion to seal certain documents with this flourish of rhetorical questions:
Many of the documents in Exhibit 1 are not financial records. For example, what is the need to file under seal the resume of CPA David Nolte, the list of his appearances in other court proceedings and his publications? Certainly those items need not be filed under seal. Also, how do the parties intend to proceed to trial and discuss the financial concepts in this case? Will it not be done in an open courtroom? If so, then why should it be sealed now?
That's basically the entire order. Classic stuff. I mean, you can almost hear his voice, can't you?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

boring. leave all this to the wankers who practice civil law

Anonymous said...

That's hot

Anonymous said...

That's hhhhhhuuuuuuuggggggeeee.

Anonymous said...

She has no idea how high her cell phone bills are.

Anonymous said...

Admit it, guys. You'd all hit that. And none of you would complain if she wore heels on the beach.

Anonymous said...

Nobody can deny that she got skillz. I have grown to like her over the years.

Anonymous said...

You are beautiful. Seems saw you before. Did you ever posted your profile to a celebrity and millioniare dating site called ++My Rich Match . c o m ~~~~~~~~~~~~? I just saw your profile yesterday on that site.