I hope everyone has a healthy and safe new year's weekend. Here are some of the things I'm wishing for in 2022:
1. Judges who are flexible with schedules since COVID has messed everything up.
2. Prosecutors who are open to self-surrender even when a defendant is not cooperating.
3. Early exhibit lists.
4. Early Jencks.
5. Searchable discovery.
6. Appellate judges who find errors not always harmless.
7. Defense lawyers who represent cooperators not saying "you know I can't let him speak to you."
8. Variances. Big ones.
9. Judges willing to dismiss B.S. cases and not "letting the jury decide."
10. Less stress.
A guy can hope. Anyway, thanks for your tips, your comments, and for reading. Onward!