Wednesday, January 17, 2024

Judiciary committee vote to be held Thursday (UPDATED)

Update — all three made it through.  Now on to the final step: a full vote. I hear that will likely happen in the next two months.

Good luck to our SDFLA nominees -- Jackie Becerra, Melissa Damian, and David Leibowitz.

All 3 are expected to get through the committee... then on to the full Senate.  

Let's go!

I remember when I was clerking for Judge Davis, Judges Gold and Middlebrooks were confirmed.  Judge Davis was gleeful as he reassigned cases between the two.  I know they supposedly changed the system so that it's random and cases with no pending motions, etc., but I wonder if that's actually what happens. 

3 comments:

Rumpole said...

When judge Moreno was in state court he would always pass snide comments when he had a big arraignment calendar and claim “that blind clerk doesn’t like me”

Anonymous said...

hueld?

Anonymous said...

I clerked for a judge that was just starting on the federal bench. Didn't seem that random to me.