Thursday, February 19, 2009

New Plea Agreement Policy Becomes Effective Tomorrow


SFL here, still muckin' around this joint while David tries another big case.

Boy I feel like a dinosaur thinking back to the days when the clerk's office was not automated, and you had to actually walk over to Court to pull a docket or see an administrative order.

Now the clerk can just imprint them directly into the microchip transmitter located behind your retina, saving a lot of time and also something they used to have a long time ago called "trees."

Wait a minute -- that upgrade is set to launch in 2010.

I guess in 09 they're still using old fashioned emails, and I got one earlier today from the clerk that said this:
Administrative Order 2009-2, effective February 20, 2009, provides in part:

ORDERED AND ADJUDGED that as of February 20, 2009, the Southern District of Florida's current policy of providing limited electronic access to plea agreements is rescinded. All plea agreements filed on or after February 20, 2009 will be public documents, with full remote access available to all members of the public and the bar, unless the Court has entered an Order in advance directing the sealing or otherwise restricting a plea agreement.

Please visit the Southern District of Florida web page at http://www.flsd.uscourts.gov for the full text of Administrative Order 2009-2.
Hmm, I have to think this is a good thing, right?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

MEESTER MARKUS!!!! I'm not sure i like what I'm seeing here. I may have to act. I am a fake chief judge after all.

Anonymous said...

I thought it was pretty good.

Anonymous said...

A Pink and blue blog? SFL - WTF?

South Florida Lawyers said...

Hey, I was bored. I am still working on it....