Thursday, February 05, 2009

Federal Bar reception

Over 500 lawyers and judges filled the downtown Hyatt tonight for the annual South Florida Federal Bar Association Reception. I forgot to snap pictures... Sorry.

Random thoughts:

I wonder if the judges dread it or whether they enjoy it.

It's also interesting to watch people work the room.

Lots of DBR reporters mingling...

More younger lawyers seem to be coming out. Many of the old guard weren't there.

Very few prosecutors showed up.

A sprinkling of state judges made an appearance.

South Florida Lawyer was there. Rumpole was not.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I did not see the new US Attorney there.

Anonymous said...

So does that mean you know who Rumpole is?

South Florida Lawyers said...

Great event(even better after the third Gibson).

Rumpole said...

Oh really? let me ask you this: isn't it about time you start letting your wife pick out your ties? Lets leave it at that for now.

Anonymous said...

I do not know who Rumpole is.

I might know who the new USAtty is, so =/not Rumpole.

I was not wearing a tie.

I do not drink sissy Gibsons.

I did not drive a judge home.

Anonymous said...

judges must love all the lawyers sucking up to them laughing at all thier jokes and war stories.