Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Back to blogging

So, for the past month I have been in West Palm Beach, trying a criminal antitrust case before Judge Hurley. The blogging has been sporadic, and I apologize. But I am back and feeling good after hearing those two magic words -- not guilty. What a relief! (Congrats to my co-counsel, David Gerger and Jennifer Johnston, and to the lawyers for the co-defendant, Paul Calli and Mike Pasano).

This was my first trial before Judge Hurley in West Palm Beach. What a pleasure. He really enjoys being a judge and delving into legal issues. The jurors loved him and he made the case easy to try for both parties.

The prosecutors were from DOJ in Washington, DC. They were very fine attorneys, who were professional and courteous before, during and after the case.

The jurors were great too -- they spoke to us in the parking lot and congratulated us and hugged the client. I wish I could have this client for all of my cases....

All in all, it was a wonderful experience. Back to blogging.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dave-

Congratulations on the victory.

I had no idea there was a criminal price-fixing trial going on in our district for the last month.

I'd be interested in hearing more about the case, if you can post any press coverage or would like to your own.

This blog is much appreciated too.

Anonymous said...

once again you publicize a win and heap praise on the prosecutors but did not do so when they beat you on that oc case.

not surprising.

Anonymous said...

Dude. The conviction is not the end. Heard of an appeal? An acquttal is the end, and thus the appropriate time to publicize a result.

Rumpole said...

Gotta love the Hulkster!!!!!!! And who says you don't get anything fun to blog about?

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the NG!

FAKE BENSON

Anonymous said...

O.K., so I'm expecting David to let us all know once the guilty verdict in the Gregory Orr case is affirmed on appeal.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Jason,

Common man. I'm a prosecutor and we've had cases together. Your comments do not reflect the decent and funny guy I've gone up against. As for the 6:48, I'm a prosecutor and I don't go around advertising my losses; let David celebrate his win. What's the big deal? At the end of the day, we're all (hopefully) doing our jobs to the best of our ability. That's all anyone can ask.

Anonymous said...

Jason Grey Here, Someone is posting using My name. Ive never been on this blog. I was fighting with some defense lawyers I called ass kissers on the CJA listserve, and I guess some of the ball-less pussies wanted to make me look bad? oh well who ever posted under my name is obviously a chickenshit scared to say stuff to my face. Jason Grey