By David Oscar Markus
We previously blogged about the Rosenzweig saga, including the Golden Hammers.
The next chapter is here -- and the former AUSA has sued (here's the complaint, which is now before Judge Moore and has a blog reference). He's represented by Margaret Donovan, Dan Fridman, and Adam Fels.
“The Department’s conduct rests on a single premise: a citizen must forever refrain from criticizing the government and its leaders to remain eligible to serve it,” says the suit, which was filed in Miami federal court. “That rule would force every American who might one day serve to choose between speaking freely now and working for the government later. Conditioning public employment on political loyalty, where a party card rather than merit opens the door to a government job, is a way of life in Havana and Caracas. It has no place here.”
***
The South Florida office — with roughly 120 prosecutors on staff, about half the usual number of lawyers — was once known as one of the busiest in the country, but it’s now under siege. Reding Quiñones, a former Miami-Dade County judge, took over as the U.S. Attorney for the Southern District of Florida in August 2025. In a break from tradition, Reding Quiñones, a member of the conservative Federalist Society and a Trump loyalist, was sworn in by Bondi in Washington instead of by the Southern District of Florida’s chief federal judge. Despite being the head of the South Florida office, Reding Quiñones “never contacted Mr. Rosenzweig about his termination” by Bondi the following month, according to the fired prosecutor’s suit.
10 comments:
I think you need to fix the last sentence. I’ve made three errors this year in posts. Join the club. As for the lawsuit I wonder how much dirty laundry they will tolerate being aired before caving. Not being sworn in in the SDFL was a stumble right out of the gate. From what I heard before I left town, many experienced prosecutors who stayed were keeping their heads down and trying to go unnoticed. And if you think about it that is such a bad way to run an office. You lose their perspective based on their valuable years of experience if they don’t feel free to speak up and offer advice. We had two top notch prosecutor offices in Miami Dade. “Had” being the operative word in that sentence. Both offices used to highly selective when recruiting. Again the past tense says it all.
Who, but a boot licking sychophant, in their right mind would want to/ continue to work at USAO SDFL, only to be complicit with the crimes committed by those sworn to support and defend the Constitution.
Complicit? Could be, I suppose. But don't forget there are lots of lawyers AND professional staff who chose to stay (and maybe even some newly-hired ones who chose to COME) because they seek to hold the line out of that same sense of duty. Don't paint with too broad a brush ...
Oh the new crew?? I lol!
Did they pass the special survey and keep their heads so far under the table, they can smell the glue on the rug squares?
Many can't get hired anywhere else and can't afford to just quit like the smart ones. The new hires are from Fed Soc Stepford.
Will was a talented and good AUSA who did a great job prosecuting fraud cases. It's a shame that this happened to him based on his past, protected speech, which was innocuous and irrelevant to his later work.
"A shame" is an interesting way to describe it. It's, in fact, unfathomably tragic (for him and the office) and we're watching our constitutional democracy unravel right before our eyes.
Best Spell-Casting Guidance for a Court Case
I want to sincerely thank Dr. Odumeje for the powerful spell, prayers, encouragement, and support I received during one of the most stressful and difficult periods of my life. Facing a court case brought me a lot of fear and uncertainty, and there were many moments when I didn’t know what the outcome would be. After speaking with Dr. Odumeje and receiving his spiritual guidance and mantle, I felt more hopeful, confident, and mentally prepared to face the situation. His powerful spell and encouragement helped me remain calm, focused, and positive throughout the court proceedings.
I continued to follow the proper legal process while keeping faith and seeking spiritual support. Eventually, my court matter was resolved in my favor, and the relief I felt was indescribable. I am deeply grateful for the encouragement and spiritual support I received during such a difficult chapter.
Thank you, Dr. Odumeje, for your time, prayers, guidance, and encouragement when I needed them most. I truly appreciate the support I received throughout this challenging experience.
If you are considering spiritual guidance during a difficult period, I highly recommend odumejetemple@gmail.com
Text/ WhatsApp +2349064108102
THANK YOU DOC..
Okay? Is there anything you take issue with or did you want to quibble with someone who clearly agrees with your viewpoint over whether the language was sufficiently strong enough?
The latter - but wouldn't describe it as "taking issue" and also not meant that way - it's for sure a shame too.
Post a Comment