Monday, January 23, 2006

"Help wanted"

Julie Kay details in today's DBR -- U.S. Attorney has sign out: Help Wanted -- that the U.S. Attorney's office is hiring due to the large number of vacanies. Those mentioned in the article as recently leaving: Marvelle McIntyre-Hall (retiring) , Gerald Greenberg (Stearns Weaver) , Aimee Jimenez (USAO in Washington), Lilly Ann Sanchez (Fowler White), Carlos Castillo (Seidman Prewitt), Jonathan Lopez (Justice Dept DC), and Dan Fridman (Justice Dept DC). The article also says that "The Justice Department has always used the Miami office of the U.S. Attorney's office as something of a farm team." Those working in DC with ties to Miami: Barry Sabin, Michael Mulaney, Paul Pelletier, Drew Osterbaan, Mary Butler, Ed Nucci, and now Fridman and Lopez.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you going to apply?

Anonymous said...

David, I appreciate the links to other publications but your blog is really lacking original material. I already read the DBR and Miami Herald and I'm sure most of your readers do also. How about some analysis beyond the simple linking? Doesn't it appear strange or unusual the number of retirements, transfers, and leaving for private practice? Is there more to it than normal turnover? I've heard rumblings of low morale and overall dissatisfaction with the USAO. Is the turnover a product of this? I know you put your name on this blog so you can't do what Rumpole does but a little more missives and exposition would make the site worth visiting. I guess us federal defense attorney's are to paranoid, cautious or fearful to put out real commentary. (I include myself, of course, in that statement but then I didn't start a blog either.) Just thought I'd stir up the pot a little.

David Oscar Markus said...

Thanks for the input and for stirring the pot. I give you the news and I let you guys give me and the other readers the rumors, gossip, etc. If you've heard those rumblings or other news, post about it. I'm doing the best I can in trying to let you know what's going on at the Federal Courthouses.

Anonymous said...

In my view you would be hard-pressed to find any USAO where moral is not an issue. When was the last time you met a bureaucrat in a good mood?

Anonymous said...

sorry, that should be morale...

Anonymous said...

any insight into the hiring process at the USAO at the S.D. Fla.? What is the reputation of their AUSA's? Do many come from out of town to work there? Are most AUSA's former state prosecutors or like other big city USAO's from big law firms? Thanks in advance.

Magical Diamond Finger Ring Design said...

http://www.geocities.com/ashekvu/help1.html
I, Ashek E. Alahi, age 45; am a service holder of a private organization is suffering for a Testicle Tumor for a long time. A Tumor developed in my Testicle. Now it is increasing and present weight almost 400 grams and size like a Tennis Ball and I feel difficult in my regular work moreover it may develop Cancer. Doctor advises me to operation the Tumor immediately otherwise Tumor will turn to Cancer.
http://www.geocities.com/ashekvu/help1.html