ALAN DERSHOWITZ FOR O.J. SIMPSON
We're back! Season 2 of For the Defense launches today with Alan Dershowitz, who will be discussing the O.J. Simpson trial. Here's a clip of Dersh answering whether the prosecution lost the trial or whether the defense won it. Season 2 will continue with new episodes each Tuesday featuring the following guests:
- Jose Baez (Casey Anthony): Jose Baez has become known as one of the go-to trial lawyers, and it was the Casey Anthony case that thrust him onto the national stage.
- Ron Sullivan (Aaron Hernandez): All hope was lost for Aaron Hernandez after he lost his first murder trial. Enter Harvard Law Professor Ron Sullivan who represented Hernandez at murder trial #2 and won against all odds.
- Rob Cary (Sen. Stevens): You would think that prosecutors would be on their best behavior in a case against a sitting U.S. Senator and one of Alaska’s founding fathers, but it took Rob Cary to uncover jaw-dropping and far-reaching prosecutorial misconduct.
- Jayne Weintraub (Yahweh Ben Yahweh): Cutting off ears, death angels, and a Temple of Love. Another day at the office in Miami’s Justice Building where Jayne Weintraub defended who some called a cult-leader and others called a savior.
- Abbe Lowell (John Edwards): The future was bright for Vice-Presidential nominee and Presidential candidate John Edwards until he was indicted in federal court for a cover up involving an extra-marital affair. He needed Abbe Lowell’s trial skills to keep him out a prison cell.
- David Gerger (Deepwater Horizon): Someone needed to pay for the biggest environmental disaster in U.S. history, and David Gerger made sure the government did not scapegoat his client Robert Kaluza.
- Michael Tigar (Terry Nichols): Who would represent one of the most-hated criminal defendants of all time, accused of blowing up the federal building in Oklahoma City? None other than the dean of the criminal defense bar, Michael Tigar.
It's not too late to catch up on Season 1 if you missed it (which included the following lawyers: Donna Rotunno, Roy Black, Tom Mesereau, Marty Weinberg, H.T. Smith, F. Lee Bailey, and Hank Asbill).
Our new Season 2 episode with Alan Dershowitz (as well as the entire Season 1) is currently available on all podcast platforms including Apple, Spotify and Google, All other platforms can be accessed on this website.
To receive Florida CLE credit for Season 1, email me at email@example.com (we have applied for Season 2).
Please send me your feedback -- and of course, subscribe, like and comment! If you would like to receive these updates, please sign up here.
Thank you! --David
CONTACT: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com