Wednesday, September 11, 2024

Meet the Newest District Judges

By John R. Byrne

Yesterday our three newest district court judges were interviewed by Judge Ruiz at the Four Seasons. The event was very well received. As you can see from the picture, the Four Seasons opted for a new presentation format, dumping the typical panel table setup for something more casual. The three judges each commented on the challenges of their first six months as a “DJ” (as Judge Ruiz short-cited it) and provided insight into the inner workings of their chambers and pet-peeves. The people who attended said Judge Ruiz led a fun and lively discussion about judging. To quote one prominent lawyer in attendance, “We are clearly in great hands with these three ‘new’ judges.” 

 Photo credit to Judge Robert Watson!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like a nice event. I went to Four Seasons Total Landscaping by mistake and missed it.

Anonymous said...

Gonzalez - who I have no love for because of what he did for Bush (read torture):

https://www.justice.gov/sites/default/files/olc/legacy/2010/08/05/memo-gonzales-aug1.pdf

...just announced he is voting for Harris.

I don't know how to feel about this. If the enemy of my enemy is my friend, what is my enemy who is a friend of my friend?

s/Confused

Anonymous said...

Nothing to be confused about. Each stands on his own. Did Donald Trump attempt an auto coup by demanding that the Secretary of State of Georgia manufacture 12,000 false votes, and by threatening him with criminal consequences if those fraudulent votes were not manufactured? If yes, you cannot vote for Donald Trump. Full stop. You be the judge. Here's the transcript of the call. https://www.atlantanewsfirst.com/2023/02/15/read-full-transcript-donald-trumps-call-brad-raffensperger/

Here's one of my favorite lines from the call: “Look, Brad, I got to get, I have to find 12,000 votes and I have them times a lot, and therefore I won the state. That’s before we go to the next step, which is in the process of right now. You know, and I watched you this morning and you said, well, there was no criminality. But I mean, all of this stuff is very dangerous stuff. when you talk about no criminality, I think it’s very dangerous for you to say that.”

There's Trump, telling an elected official to "find 12,000 votes" and that it is "very dangerous" for the elected official to stand by his prior certification of the vote count.

There are other gems, but the call was an hour long, so I'll let you fine readers do as you will. Trump wants to turn our country into a latin american banana republic. He's a Maduro wannabe.

Rumpole said...

Greatest comment in the history of David’s blog. I literally laughed out loud.