Monday, March 29, 2010

It’s quiet ... too quiet

I didn’t mention this when D.O.M. called and said he needed to focus on work for a while, but I have no idea what’s going on in the SDFla. Judge Jordan dropped by my JV-FPD class last week to explain what goes on behind the curtain at the Eleventh Circuit—which went so well I could have sold tickets. But other than that I’ve pretty much been buried by work without contact with the outside world. Skimming over the Blog, it seems like all I missed was that Justice O’Connor came to town to cut the ribbon on the new courthouse cafeteria. Or something. Anyway, as far as I can tell, there’s nothing going on. The DBR’s web site reports that the deal between UBS and the U.S. may be unraveling. Whatever. That impasse was in the news the last time I was pinch-hitting in this space. Look, people, the whole reason why this district merits its own blog is that weird and bizarre stuff happens here. If you’re all just going to behave normally, then what’s the point?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We've been waiting for the guest blogger to arrive to entertain us.

Republican Friends How Many of Us Have Them? said...

Let's be friends...

Anonymous said...

OMG! Huge breaking news:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/8594121.stm

Anonymous said...

really, you just found out that Justice O'Connor was here...really?