Thursday, September 13, 2007

Clerk of Court to move in mid-November

Clarence Maddox, clerk of the court for the Southern District of Florida, has resigned. He sent the following email today to the entire court:


Dear Friends:

Several weeks ago Chief Judge Moreno informed the District Judges of my interest in and pursuit of the Circuit Executive position in the Sixth Circuit. Earlier this week, following an interview with the Sixth Circuit Judicial Council, I was selected to succeed Jim Higgins as Circuit Executive upon his retirement later this year.

I discussed my interest in pursuing this position with Judges Moreno and Zloch last May, in the earliest stages in the application process, and I have kept Chief Judge Moreno apprised of my status in the selection process on a regular basis. This morning I informed Chief Judge Moreno of my selection and he wished me well, we had a brief discussion about planning for the transition process, and I assured him that I would work with the Court to provide for as seamless a transition as possible. In that regard, I may work closely with the committee chaired by Judge Lenard as a process for identifying a successor to the Clerk's position is outlined and implemented. I have not yet confirmed my start date with the Sixth Circuit, but I anticipate that I will commence my new duties in mid-November. Between now and then, I will likely have some limited travel to locations in the Sixth Circuit to participate in meetings with future implications for the Circuit.

My experiences these past eight years with the Southern District of Florida have enriched me personally and professionally, and I believe that we have accomplished a great deal together. I am grateful to you all for your support, understanding, and friendship, and it has been my privilege to have served and been a part of this great organization.

My most sincere thanks to you all for your support as well as my best wishes for your continuing success! cm

Clarence Maddox
Court Administrator - Clerk of Court
United States District Court for the
Southern District of Florida
301 N. Miami Avenue, Room 321
Miami, Florida 33128
(305) 523-5001


Thanks to a close friend of the blog for the tip. So, who should be the next clerk?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ted Olson?

Anonymous said...

Rumpole's buddy, McGillis.

Anonymous said...

forced out . . .

Anonymous said...

Guy Lewis should be the next clerk, with a salary of $6.50 per houd

Anonymous said...

DUDES!

Caught and KILLED after 7:00 p.m.!

pay up Randolph and Mortimer Duke...the usual amount please!!!

Anonymous said...

How well we knew yee; and so, thanks, Chief Judge, for lubricating the revolving door.

Unknown said...

Why was he forced out?