The rumors are already swirling around town. But there doesn't seem to be any procedure in place for applying or for vetting. And it's unclear how Sens. Rubio and Scott will work with the Biden White House on the U.S. Attorney (and on judges for that matter). In any event, the names I've heard so far for for the next United States Attorney for the Southern District of Florida:
1. Jackie Arango, partner at Akerman (former AUSA)
2. David Buckner, partner at Bucker + Miles (former AUSA).
3. Markenzy Lapointe, partner at Pillsbury (former AUSA).
4. Curt Miner, partner at Colson Hicks (former AUSA).
5. Andres Rivero, partner at Rivero Mestre (former AUSA).
I think that's a really good slate. All extremely smart, respected, and qualified, with lots of experience.
Have you heard any other names?